The Master of Accounting and Financial Analysis (MAFA) program is offered primarily as an evening program through Northeastern State University’s campus in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. It is designed for those interested in pursuing careers as controllers, financial managers, financial analysts and advisors, and public accountants. Applicants should have an undergraduate background that is primarily in either accounting or finance, with a sufficient exposure to other business disciplines such as business law, economics, management, marketing and management information systems.
The Master of Accounting and Financial Analysis is
- A unique degree that is targeted at the financial services market. The disciplines of accounting and finance are integrated in each course using a cross-functional approach.
- A dynamic program that provides students with an opportunity to change the direction of their career or to expand their options in the area of financial services as the environment changes.
- Rigorous in its broad coverage of the areas of financial reporting and analysis, financial management, investment analysis, management reporting and decision analysis, auditing and financial information systems, and global accounting and financial analysis, with electives that allow students to target their own career goals.
Program Application Steps
- Obtain admission to NSU’s Graduate College.
- Obtain a qualifying score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- Have two letters of recommendation from employer and/or academic sources submitted directly to the MAFA Program Director.
- Submit directly to the MAFA Program Director a resume which details your academic background, work experiences, and significant accomplishments.
For more information on MAFA visit the Graduate Catalog.
MAFA Program Director
Dr. Gary Freeman