Accounting & Finance for Entrepreneurs
- Dates: Open Enrollment
- Duration: 90 days
- Time: 5 hours
- Location: Online
- Course Fee: $129.00 USD
- CEUs: 5 CEUs IACET CEUs: .5
- Understand and explain the assumptions and principles that underlie Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Understand and explain the rules of double-entry accounting
- Calculate the balance of the account
- Define the steps that make up the accounting cycle
- Describe the relationship between the major financial statements that make up an annual report
- Explain the role of finance in the entrepreneurial process
- Understand the importance of budgeting and financial planning
- Identify and explain the three major pricing strategies
- Define and distinguish between fixed and variable costs
- Calculate the components of a master (static) budget
- Prepare a cash budget
- Prepare and analyze pro forma financial statements
- Develop a basic financial plan
- Use pro forma financial statements to evaluate a new venture
- Explain the factors and assumptions involved in break-even analysis
- Calculate Return on Investment (ROI) and payback period
Expert-supported Mobile-friendly Accessible Badge and credit-awarding Games & Flashcards Video content Real-world case studies Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.