How Can I Help You? Customer Service Best Practices
- Identify customers as one of four different types: agreeable, directive, analytical, or expressive
- Adapt your customer service interaction to the customer's type
- Understand that customer service language should be both polite and efficient
- Explain how providing customer service over the phone or online differs from providing customer service in person.
- Identify poor examples of customer service and explain how the agent could improve his or her interactions
- Understand how body language can affect customers' perception of the service they are receiving
- Use the "No...but" technique to emphasize what the agent can do rather than what he or she can't
- Understand the reasons that customers might be difficult and handle difficult customers professionally
- Explain why providing customer service requires great communication with co-workers and supervisor
Expert-supported Mobile-friendly Accessible Badge and credit-awarding Games & Flashcards Video content Real-world case studies Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.