Introduction to Leadership
- Dates: Open Enrollment
- Duration: 90 Days
- Time: 5 hours
- Location: Online
- Course Fee: $79.00 USD
- CEUs: .5 CEUs | 5 PDUs Total PMI PDUs/Contact Hours: 5 Leadership: 5 IACET CEUs: .5
This course is based on D. Quinn Mills' book, Leadership: How to Lead, How to Live, a text used at Harvard Business School. Excerpts of the book are made available via PDF download and no additional purchase is required.
- Define leadership and explain its importance
- Discuss some of the better-known leadership theories (Fiedler's contingency theory; Path-goal theory; Vroom-Yetton-Jago theory)
- Distinguish leadership from management and administration
- Recognize the role of leadership in setting the ethical tone for an organization
- Describe the principles for building an ethical culture
- Explore how leadership requires setting an ethical example
- Discuss how leaders can deal with ethical lapses
- Describe the role of leadership during an ethical crisis
- Apply ethical principles to workplace scenarios
- Discuss the positives and negatives surrounding charismatic leadership
- Recognize the importance of training, learning, and role-playing in leadership
- Discuss the seven bases for leadership
- Explain why formal authority alone does not guarantee leadership
- Discuss the nine key qualities for leadership
- Identify the five central skills needed for effective leadership and explain ways to strengthen or develop those skills in a leader
- Explain the role of leadership in shaping an organization's culture
- Expert-supported Mobile-friendly Accessible Badge and
- credit-awarding Games & Flashcards
- Video content Real-world case studies
- Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK Guide) Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
PMP /PgMP: Technical: 0 Leadership: 5 Strategic/Business: 0 TOTAL: 5
PMI-RMP: Technical: 0 Leadership: 5 Strategic/Business: 0 TOTAL: 5
PMI-SP: Technical: 0 Leadership: 5 Strategic/Business: 0 TOTAL: 5
PMI-ACP: Technical: 0 Leadership: 5 Strategic/Business: 0 TOTAL: 5
PfMP: Technical: 0 Leadership: 5 Strategic/Business: 0 TOTAL: 5
PMI-PBA: Technical: 0 Leadership: 5 Strategic/Business: 0 TOTAL: 5