Introduction to Management
- Identify key strategies for managing people, including remote workers
- Distinguish between managers and individual contributors as well as the various types of organizational structures
- Describe the process of hiring, training, and developing employees and memorize key HR laws
- Support an empowered team and promote high employee performance
- Identify the various types of difficult employee behavior and understand when to coach, discipline, or terminate an employee
- Demonstrate emotional intelligence and identify strategies for in-person and virtual communication
- Determine what should occur before, during, and after a meeting
- Approach negotiation thoughtfully by considering the negotiation type and employing tools like reservation price, ZOPA, and BATNA
- Demonstrate time management skills, including prioritization and setting SMART goals
- Support change initiatives within your organization and minimize employee resistance
Expert-supported Mobile-friendly Accessible Badge and credit-awarding Games & Flashcards Video content Real-world case studies Audio-enabled in app
You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.