(32 Hours plus Capstone)
Designed to facilitate teachers' understanding of the reading process and how children learn to read and write; emphasizes instruction, curriculum development and assessment within the interdisciplinary approach.
- Professional Education - 6 hours - Required courses in Educational Research and Measurement.
- Specialized Reading - 20 hours - Required courses in specialization.
- Enrichment - 3 hours - Select from courses linking Reading with Early Childhood and Special Education.
- Capstone - 3 hours - The course READ 5463 meets the capstone requirement.
- The program meets all of the International Literacy Association's (ILA) competencies for classroom teachers, reading teachers and reading specialists. Students may elect to take the state certification test upon completion of the program.
To obtain an application for Graduate Admission and more specific information about the Master of Education in Early Childhood, Special Education, or Reading, please contact:
Northeastern State University
Tahlequah, OK 74464-2399
For specific program information, call the following extensions:
Special Education: 918-444-3775
Early Childhood: 918-444-3737