The mission of the Department of Health Professions is to provide specialized education designed to prepare students whose career goals encompass the fields represented by the professional health programs within the Department.
- Human Family Sciences (HFS) offers a Bachelor of Science for careers in two option areas: General and Early Care. New HFS programs include an accelerated degree completion program (DCP) option at select community sites and a concurrent high school option.
- Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS) offers a Bachelor of Science with two options: traditional 3 + 1 option and the 2 + 2 online degree completion option (MLT to MLS) for individuals that have earned an AAS Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) degree from a community college.
- Nursing offers an online Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree completion program (RN-BSN) for Registered Nurses (RNs) with associate degrees in nursing or with diplomas in nursing
- Nutritional Sciences offers a Bachelor of Science with two options: Didactic Program in Dietetics for individuals who desire a career as a Registered Dietitian and Allied Health for individuals pursuing health professional careers.
- Speech-Language Pathology offers a Bachelor of Science.
- Speech-Language Pathology offers a Master of Science, which allows graduates to practice in a variety of settings.
- Nursing offers an online Master of Science in Nursing with a focus on nursing education
- Occupational Therapy offers a Master of Science, which allows graduates to practice in a variety of settings.
- Physician Assistant Studies will offer a Master of Science, upon Provisional Accreditation by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant Education (ARC-PA) in October of 2016 and implemented with its first cohort of 16 students in June 2017.
Depending on the program, classes are offered on the Tahlequah, Broken Arrow, and/or Muskogee campuses. Nursing and many HFS courses are offered online. Contact the respective program chair for further information.
Human and Family Sciences
Ms. Sheree Whiteside, Program Chair
Ms. Vickie Brown-Racy, Instructor
Medical Laboratory Science
Dr. Sallie Ruskoski, Program Chair, Medical Laboratory Science
Dr. Alexis Jones, Assistant Professor
Ms. Dianne Kirk, Instructor
Dr. Diana Mashburn, Program Chair, RN-BSN Program
Dr. Heather Fenton, Program Chair, MSN-Education Program
Ms. Jennifer, O'Connor, Instructor
Ms. Donna Roberson, Secretary
Ms. Cassandra R. Crawford Ciglar, Program Chair
Ms. Pamela Reid, Instructor
Mr. Jason Stevens, Instructor
Dr. Judith A. Melvin, Program Director
Dr. Troy Lee, Assistant Professor
Ms. Sydney Dorrough, Instructor
Ms. Jenney Fleming, Administrative Assistant
Physician Assistant Studies
Ms. Melody Yozzo, Program Director
Dr. Jeremiah Rutherford, Medical Director
Ms. Murry Duevel-Banoub, Administrative Assistant
Speech- Language Pathology
Dr. Karen Patterson, Program Chair
Dr. Edgarita Long, Professor
Dr. Sharon Jones, Assistant Professor
Ms. Amber Burris George, Instructor/Clinic Director
Mr. Dennis Tibbits, Instructor
Ms. Autumn Mahaney, Instructor
Carla Barnett, Secretary