The mission of the Department of Health Professions is to provide specialized education designed to prepare students whose career goals encompass the fields represented by the professional health programs within the Department.
- Human Family Sciences (HFS) offers a Bachelor of Science for careers in two option areas: General and Early Care. New HFS programs include an accelerated degree completion program (DCP) option at select community sites and a concurrent high school option. (Note: Program currently suspended.)
- Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS) offers a Bachelor of Science with two options: traditional 3 + 1 option and the 2 + 2 online degree completion option (MLT to MLS) for individuals that have earned an AAS Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) degree from a community college.
- Nursing offers an online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree completion program for Registered Nurses (RNs) with associate degrees in nursing or with diplomas in nursing
- Nutritional Sciences offers a Bachelor of Science with two options: Didactic Program in Dietetics for individuals who desire a career as a Registered Dietitian and Allied Health for individuals pursuing health professional careers.
- Speech-Language Pathology offers a Bachelor of Science.
- Speech-Language Pathology offers a Master of Science, which allows graduates to practice in a variety of settings.
- Nursing offers an online Master of Science in Nursing with a focus on nursing education
- Occupational Therapy offers a Master of Science, which allows graduates to practice in a variety of settings.
- Physician Assistant Studies will offer a Master of Science, upon Provisional Accreditation by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant Education (ARC-PA) in March of 2019 and implemented with its first cohort of 20 students in July 2019.
Depending on the program, classes are offered on the Tahlequah, Broken Arrow, and/or Muskogee campuses. Nursing courses are offered online. Contact the respective program chair for further information.
Medical Laboratory Science
Dr. Sallie Ruskoski, Program Chair, Medical Laboratory Science
Dr. Alexis Jones, Assistant Professor
Ms. Dianne Kirk, Instructor
Dr. Diana Mashburn, Program Chair, RN to BSN Program
Dr. Heather Fenton, Program Chair, MSN-Education Program
Ms. Donna Roberson, Secretary
Dr. Cassandra R. Crawford Ciglar, Program Chair
Ms. Kelley Frost, Instructor
Ms. Andrea Reser, Instructor
Mr. Jason Stevens, Instructor
Dr. Judith A. Melvin, Program Director
Ms. Margaret Bates, Instructor
Ms. Sydney Dorrough, Instructor
Ms. Jenney Fleming, Administrative Assistant
Physician Assistant Studies
Ms. Mary Battoe, Interim Program Director/Director of Admissions
Dr. Jeremiah Rutherford, Medical Director
Ms. Murry Duevel-Banoub, Administrative Assistant
Speech- Language Pathology
Dr. Julie Beard, Program Chair
Dr. Karen Patterson, Professor
Dr. Edgarita Long, Professor
Dr. Sharon Jones, Assistant Professor
Mr. Dennis Tibbits, Instructor/Clinic Director
Ms. Autumn Mahaney, Instructor
Carla Barnett, Secretary
Human and Family Sciences (note: program currently suspended)
Ms. Sheree Whiteside, Program Chair
Ms. Vickie Brown-Racy, Instructor