The mission of the Department of Health Professions is to provide specialized education designed to prepare students whose career goals encompass the fields represented by the professional health programs within the Department.
- Medical Laboratory Sciences (MLS) offers a Bachelor of Science with two options: traditional 3 + 1 option and the 2 + 2 online degree completion option (MLT to MLS) for individuals that have earned an AAS Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) degree from a community college.
- Nursing offers an online Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree completion program (RN-BSN) for Registered Nurses (RNs) with associate degrees in nursing or with diplomas in nursing
- Nutritional Sciences offers a Bachelor of Science with two options: Didactic Program in Dietetics for individuals who desire a career as a Registered Dietitian and Allied Health for individuals pursuing health professional careers.
- Speech-Language Pathology offers a Bachelor of Science.
- Speech-Language Pathology offers a Master of Science, which allows graduates to practice in a variety of settings.
- Occupational Therapy offers a Master of Science, which allows graduates to practice in a variety of settings.
- Physician Assistant Studies will offer a Master of Science, upon Provisional Accreditation by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant Education (ARC-PA).
Depending on the program, classes are offered on the Tahlequah, Broken Arrow, and/or Muskogee campuses. Nursing courses are offered online. Contact the respective program chair for further information.