Northeastern State University seeks to empower individuals to become socially responsible global citizens by creating and sustaining a culture of learning and discovery. The Department of Languages and Literature serves as an educational partner collaborating with the College of Education preparing English Education majors to be educational leaders, teaching scholars, and creative developers of human potential who regard the whole person.
We employ critical inquiry, interdisciplinary studies, collaboration, creativity, respect for diversity, cultivation of research and scholarship, pursuit of excellence, and written competence in our literature, composition, and language usage courses. Our students gain a solid foundation of knowledge, skills, and dispositions necessary for becoming professional educators who can serve with integrity their communities as well as their classrooms. As citizens they will continue to pursue personal and professional excellence by advancing honesty, human dignity, and accountability in their efforts to promote educational and economic success. The English Education major is a unit of the Department of Languages and Literature.
Admission requirements to the College of Education for Bachelor of Arts in Education – English Education major (4251).
- Maintained an overall grade point of 2.75
- Completed an application and statement of understanding
- Achieved a passing score on the Oklahoma General Education Test (OGET)
- Received a Professional Habits Inventory (PHI) evaluation
- Been recommended by the Professional Education Interview Committee
- Successfully completed Portfolio Checkpoint #1
- Submitted an official degree plan
For more information contact Connie Henshaw.