Media Studies Internships
Buffalo Wild Wings; Tahlequah, OK
- Season: Spring and Fall semesters
- Contact information: email@example.com
Public Relations Society of America; Oklahoma City, OK
Description: The link provides job and internship opportunities in Oklahoma and the surrounding six states courtesy of the Public Relations Society of America.
News 9 and News on 6; Oklahoma City and Tulsa, OK
- Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Site: http://www.news9.com/
- Season: Spring, Summer, and Fall semesters
Tulsa Zoo; Tulsa, OK
- Contact info: 6421 East 36th Street North, Tulsa, OK 74115, 918-669-6600
- Site: http://tulsazoo.org/
BOK Center; Tulsa, OK
- Contact info: Allen Curd, email@example.com
- 20 per week, plus event nights
Cherokee Nation Businesses / Hard Rock / Tulsa, OK
- Contact info: Rosa Tillis, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Site: http://cherokeenationbusinesses.com/careers/Pages/internships.aspx
- Paid: $16 an hour 20 hours a week minimum, 40 hours a week maximum
Description: Book events, assist with social and corporate events. File, answer phones to help clients before determining which convention services or sales manager to assign them to, make cold calls to potential clients and past clients to book site visits and event space. Lead site visits with potential clients. Create, build and edit all contracts for event space booked then finalize with event planner or sales manager.
Oklahoma City Thunder; Oklahoma City, OK
- Contact info: email@example.com
- Site: http://www.nba.com/thunder/employment
- Internships available for Marketing, Human Resources and Graphic Design
Description: The internship program is designed to develop valuable skills and gain firsthand experience in the professional sports industry. The internship program includes areas of Broadcasting, Business Development, Corporate Communication and Video Production.
D Magazine; Dallas, TX
- Contact info: Rachel Gill, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Site: https://www.dmagazine.com/info/internships/?ref=footer
Description: D Magazine Partners offers a variety of internships each semester (fall, spring, summer). I Each internship position is a different learning experience, but nevertheless, what you will gain from working with D Magazine company is a road map for your future career endeavors. Internship opportunities include areas of Advertising/Sales, Art/Production, Editorial/Journalism and Marketing/Brand.
Lakes Country Radio Station; Tahlequah, OK
Description: Training to be an on-air personality, office duties, commercial voice overs and creative promotional ideas.
Make- A- Wish Foundation; Phoenix, AZ
- Site: https://wish.org/
- 12 weeks during the summer
Description: The marketing internship will require the individual to write press releases, work with social media, support for campaigns, support for advertisements, etc.
Tulsa Event Management; Tulsa, OK
- Contact info: 6440 S Lewis Ave Ste. 2000, Tulsa, OK
- Site: https://www.internships.com/event-planning/tulsa-ok
Description: This internship will have you coordinate event activities including event setup, visual merchandising and inventory control, Process and track event sales, coordinate event logistics, timelines and schedules, serve as Event Manager when necessary, and serve as an enthusiastic member of the event staff and lead by example.
Better Business Bureau of Central Oklahoma
- Contact info: email@example.com
- Site: https://www.bbb.org/oklahomacity/careers/internship-social-media-strategist/
- Part-time, unpaid
Description: BBB is looking to bring on a social media strategist for the upcoming semester who is interested in expanding knowledge and use of social media in marketing. You will be working across key social media channels to grow followers, create relationships and maintain them, and help convert them into leads, customers, and active fans and promoters of BBB. Submit your resume, cover letter and attach any previous work examples and a link to online portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact: Brandon Scott, 918-453-5000 ext. 7258, Brandon-Scott@cherokee.org
- Site: www.cherokeephoenix.org
Description: The Cherokee Phoenix is a tribal media organization partially funded by the Cherokee Nation. It is the only independent source of current Cherokee culture and language. Founded in 1828 in New Echota (now Georgia), the Cherokee Phoenix was the first bilingual newspaper in North America, printed in English and Cherokee.
Dot FM Group
- Contact: Jayson Rice, email@example.com
- Site: https://dot.fm/contact.cfm
- Un-paid and offers full- or part-time positions
- Summer application deadline is on April 20, also offers spring and fall internships
Description: DFM Group is searching for summer interns to support their family of brands. Interns may work remotely or from their offices in Virginia. All those completing our internship program are eligible for consideration for future full-time employment and most of the current staff are former interns. Interns will be working in three of the organization's core areas: media (news/sports), digital marketing and production.