Master of Science in Counseling FAQs


Graduate Programs FAQs

When are applications due for graduate programs?

They are due December 15th.

What all needs to be included in the applications?

A packet is available for each program which includes all needed documents.

Do I really need to take the GRE?

No GRE required.

How do we get in contact with agencies to do an internship?

The semester before internship, a class that is required in the program is agency counseling. During this course, finding an internship, requirements, and where to look will be revealed.

When should I talk with my advisor? How often?

We recommend that you meet with your advisor at least once a semester.

How do I get involved in research?

Research collaboration between psychology and counseling faculty and their students is encouraged. If you have an interest in being involved in research, start with your advisor and he or she would be able to direct you to the appropriate faculty member given your research interests and their research needs.

Am I eligible for licensure?

Yes. All three tracks in the MS in Counseling program meet requirements for licensure as licensed professional counselor (LPC). Those students completing the addiction track are also eligible for licensure as drug and alcohol counselor (LADC).

How does the exit exam work?

All students must successfully complete the exit exam (CECP) in order to earn their degree.