TCC to NSU Hospitality and Tourism Management - Meetings & Destination

Hospitality and Tourism Management - Meetings & Destination

Plan of Study

Associate of Science in Business, Hospitality and Gaming Option
Bachelor of Business Administration (Hospitality and Tourism-Meetings or Destinations)

The Hospitality and Tourism Management program provides students with knowledge necessary for success in enterprises related to the meetings, travel, tourism, gaming and hospitality industries.

The program in HTM at NSU was one of the first to be approved by the Professional Convention Management Association.  The program consists of three distinct but interrelated components: meeting and convention management, tourist destination development, and gaming operations and procedures.

The meeting and convention management program emphasizes managing and serving meetings, conventions, trade shows, and special events. The student who specializes in tourist destination development studies the development, management and marketing of tourist attractions and destination. The student who specializes in gaming learns gaming operations and procedures. All HTM classes are offered online on a two year cycle.

Visit our web site.

Transferring to NSU is a seamless process.  Although you can transfer to NSU at any time in your academic career, the smoothest transition occurs if you have earned or will earn an AS in Business Administration from TCC.  This milestone will also meet your general education requirements at NSU (unless it is a specific NSU requirement for you to graduate).  Within your AS, make sure you complete the following classes because they are admission requirements to the BBA program: ENGL 1113, ENGL 1213, MATH 1513, and CSCI 1203, all with a grade of “C” or better. 

How do my TCC classes transfer to NSU?  Every class that you have taken at CSC will transfer to NSU.  Each class will count in one of the following categories that make up a bachelor’s degree: general education, major, minor, or free elective.   You probably already know about general education and major classes but minors and free electives are unique to bachelor’s degrees.  A minor is 18 hours from an academic area of your choice and it is designed to compliment your major.  A minor is not necessary for the BBA degree, however, if you choose to pursue a minor your advisor will help you determine your minor and the classes you will take to complete it.  Free electives are extremely flexible and can be selected from any academic area.  They allow you to explore your academic interests outside of your major while counting toward the 124 hours you need to graduate.  Most degree programs at NSU allow for some free electives.  If you completed a class at TCC that does not meet one of the other specific requirements, it will count in this category, up to the first 64 hours.  If you have completed more than 64 hours at the associate degree level, all courses will transfer to NSU, but only 64 hours will apply to your degree.  This is because you must have 60 hours from a four-year institution to meet state requirements for graduation with a baccalaureate degree

For admission to the BBA Program, students must have completed (45) credit hours with a minimum GPA of 2.25. Included in these 45 hours must be ENGL 1113, ENGL 1213, and MATH 1513 with a grade of “C” or better as well as completing all required business courses with a “C” or better. Satisfactory completion of CSCI 1203 is also required. In addition ACCT 2103, ACCT2203, ECON 2013 and ECON 2023 must be completed with a 2.25 average.  Students failing to meet these admission requirements will be limited in the business classes they may take until all requirements are completed. Students in all CBT programs must read and sign the CBT Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct may be found on the CBT web site.

What it takes to complete a BBA from NSU.  If you don’t complete your AS at TCC, you will need to meet NSU’s specific general education requirements.  You must have at least 124 hours completed to earn a BBA.  Of those hours, 60 must be from a university (4 year school), 40 must be junior and senior (3000/4000) level, 21 hours of the business core, including MGMT 4213, must be from NSU, and half of the hours in your major must be from NSU.  You must also be both English and computer proficient.  This means that you must pass English Comp I & II (ENGL 1113 & ENGL 1213) with a “C” or better and successfully complete computer proficiency (CSCI 1203).  Therefore, when you transfer to NSU, you will likely need to complete around 60 more hours in order to earn your BBA. 

When can you start taking NSU classes?  You can begin taking classes at NSU while you are completing your AS at TCC.  This is called dual enrollment, many students do this each semester.  Consult an NSU academic advisor and a financial aid counselor to see how dual enrollment can work for you.

For more information view Course Sequence.

Contact Transfer Student Services to make your transition to NSU as smooth and seamless as possible.

Tulsa Community College to NSU, Smart Choice