Get Involved with NSU Drama!!!
AUDITION FOR SHOWS!
NSU Drama is the hub of theatrical activity on the Tahlequah campus. The program offers theatrical performances and a variety of courses in performance, theory, technical theatre, and film, in addition to providing theatrical resources and support for activities such as the Miss Northeastern State University pageant and the Sequoyah Institute's Performing Arts series. NSU Drama also provides professional performing and technical theatre opportunities with the River City Players Branson-style summer music productions and presents screenings of National Theatre Live professional productions throughout the year.
The drama program embodies the mission, vision, and values of Northeastern State University, with particular focus on collaboration, creativity and leadership. Through intense study of human interaction and practical experience in the realization of all aspects of collaborative production, students graduating from the program are theatre generalists well prepared to engage in a global society. The following are educational goals and objectives of the program:
- To provide a quality drama degree program that prepares the major for entry to the professional world or graduate study at a top level university;
- To provide a generalist degree program that emphasizes study of the entire theatre discipline;
- To produce educated, culturally sensitive graduates with strong liberal arts experiences who can become valuable citizens in their community of choice;
- To produce regularly scheduled theatrical performances that provide learning experiences for drama majors and minors as well as cultural experiences for the campus at large and the Tahlequah community;
- To serve as a resource center for theatre in northeast Oklahoma;
- To serve as a hub for all NSU performing arts programming.