Department of Health Professions
The mission of the Department of Health Professions is to provide specialized education designed to prepare students whose career goals encompass the fields represented by the professional health programs within the Department.
- Medical Laboratory Science, B.S. (MLS) offers a Bachelor of Science with two options: traditional 3 + 1 option and the 2 + 2 online degree completion option (MLT to MLS) for individuals that have earned an AAS Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) degree from a community college.
- Nursing, B.S.N. offers an online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree completion program for Registered Nurses (RNs) with associate degrees in nursing or with diplomas in nursing
- Nutritional Sciences, B.S. offers a Bachelor of Science with two options: Didactic Program in Dietetics for individuals who desire a career as a Registered Dietitian and Allied Health for individuals pursuing health professional careers.
- Speech-Language Pathology, B.S. offers a Bachelor of Science which prepares students for graduate study. A master’s degree is the entry level into the profession.
- Nursing, M.S.N. offers an online Master of Science in Nursing in Nursing Education, Administrative Leadership in Nursing, and Nursing Informatics
- Occupational Therapy, M.S. offers a Master of Science, which allows graduates to practice in a variety of settings.
- Physician Assistant Studies, M.S. will offer a Master of Science, upon Provisional Accreditation by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant Education (ARC-PA) in June of 2020 and implemented with its first cohort of 20 students in October 2020.
- Public Health, MPH offers an 90% online Master of Public Health with two options; Global Health and Public Health Leadership.
- Speech-Language Pathology, M.S. offers a Master of Science, which allows graduates to practice in a variety of settings.
Depending on the program, classes are offered on the Tahlequah, Broken Arrow, and/or Muskogee campuses. MLS 2 + 2 and Nursing courses are offered online. Contact the respective program chair for further information.
Professional Licensure Disclosure
NSU's Health Professions programs listed below meet the appropriate accreditation agency’s requirements. Licensure requirements are subject to change and NSU routinely verifies that its programs are up to date.
Students planning on applying for licensure after graduating in a state other than Oklahoma, need to contact that state’s licensing board for accurate licensing requirements. It is recommended that students do this before starting a program.
Click here for NSU’s state-specific matrix.
Undergraduate programs leading to Professional Licensure/Certification
- Medical Laboratory Science contact: Dr. Sallie Ruskoski
- Nutritional Science, Dietetics contact: Ms. Kelley Sky-Eagle