The mission of the Department of Health Professions is to provide specialized education designed to prepare students whose career goals encompass the fields represented by the professional health programs within the Department.
- Medical Laboratory Science, B.S. (MLS) offers a Bachelor of Science with two options: traditional 3 + 1 option and the 2 + 2 online degree completion option (MLT to MLS) for individuals that have earned an AAS Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) degree from a community college.
- Nursing, B.S.N. offers an online Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree completion program for Registered Nurses (RNs) with associate degrees in nursing or with diplomas in nursing
- Nutritional Sciences, B.S. offers a Bachelor of Science with two options: Didactic Program in Dietetics for individuals who desire a career as a Registered Dietitian and Allied Health for individuals pursuing health professional careers.
- Speech-Language Pathology, B.S. offers a Bachelor of Science.
- Speech-Language Pathology, M.S. offers a Master of Science, which allows graduates to practice in a variety of settings.
- Nursing, M.S.N. offers an online Master of Science in Nursing with a focus on nursing education
- Occupational Therapy, M.S. offers a Master of Science, which allows graduates to practice in a variety of settings.
- Physician Assistant Studies, M.S. will offer a Master of Science, upon Provisional Accreditation by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant Education (ARC-PA) in March of 2019 and implemented with its first cohort of 20 students in July 2019.
Depending on the program, classes are offered on the Tahlequah, Broken Arrow, and/or Muskogee campuses. Nursing courses are offered online. Contact the respective program chair for further information.
Dr. Sallie Ruskoski, Interim Department Chair
Ms. Donna Roberson, Administrative Secretary
Medical Laboratory Science
Dr. Sallie Ruskoski, Program Chair, Medical Laboratory Science
Dr. Alexis Jones, Clinical Coordinator
Ms. Dianne Kirk, Instructor
Dr. Diana Mashburn, RN to BSN Program Chair (ACEN Nurse Administrator)
Dr. Heather Fenton, MSN Program Chair
Dr. Cassandra R. Crawford Ciglar, DPD Program Director
Ms. Kelley Sky Eagle, Program Chair
Ms. Amber Long, Instructor
Ms. Lindsey Ince, Instructor
Dr. Judith A. Melvin, Program Director
Ms. Margaret Bates, Clinical Coordinator
Ms. Sydney Dorrough, Instructor
Ms. Jenney Fleming, Administrative Assistant
Physician Assistant Studies
Mr. Troy Bender, Program Director
Mr. Alan Brokenicky, Director of Didactic Education
Dr. Dan McNeill, Principal Faculty
Ms. Murry Duevel-Banoub, Administrative Assistant
Speech- Language Pathology
Ms. Brooke Klintworth, Interim Program Chair
Dr. Edgarita Long, Professor
Mr. Dennis Tibbits, Instructor
Ms. Jenny Walton, Assistant Clinical Director/Broken Arrow Campus
Ms. Autumn Mahaney, Instructor
Ms. Lisa Roach, Clinical Director/Tahlequah Campus
Ms. Deborah Al-Rawi, Instructor
Ms. Caitlin Bruder, Instructor
Ms. Laura Padgett, Instructor
Ms. Kathryn Wade, Administrative Secretary