Social Work Options
The MSW program includes four program options:
- The Advanced Standing full-time (1-year) program is for students with a bachelor’s degree in social work from a CSWE accredited program.
- The Part-time Advanced Standing (2-year) is an extended option of our advanced standing full-time program.
- The Traditional Pathway (2-year) full-time program (58 credit hours) is for students who earned an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited or internationally listed college or university.
- The Traditional Pathway part-time (3-Year) program (58 credit hours) is an extended option of our traditional pathway full time program.
Admission to the MSW program is based on the following:
- Applicants must have earned a cumulative GPA of 3.00* on a 4.00 scale.
- Applicants must have earned a Bachelor’s degree from a CSWE accredited program (including those recognized through CSWE’s International Social Work Degree Recognition and Evaluation Service) or,
- An earned Bachelor’s degree in social science, sociology, psychology, or a related field from a university or college accredited by a recognized regional accreditation association.
- Quality of references
- Personal Essay
- No GRE/MAT Required.
Preference is given to applicants with a 3.00 cumulative GPA or above in their undergraduate work.
*A conditional admission may be considered for applicants with a cumulative GPA of 2.8-2.99. The condition is contingent upon the student continuing to earn a 3.25 for their first semester of study and must be at least 9.0 hours of graduate work.
Once you create an application through the application link, upload the following materials:
- Up-to-date resume/vitae and cover letter (a letter of intent).
- Three reference letters. During the online application process, you will enter the contact information for three references (professional (supervisor) or academic (faculty) in nature). Your references will receive an email with a secure link to fill out your recommendation online. Chosen references must complete the reference request by the application deadline in order for your application to be considered.
- Write your professional and personal statement using the questions below and then upload your statement in one document instead of submitting a different document for each question. This statement should be a minimum of 1000 words.
- What led you to choose to complete your Masters in Social Work?
- How do you plan to apply your MSW education/degree in your professional life?
- Why and how do you think you are suited to the social work program?
- Is there any information you believe would be helpful to the screening process that was not represented in the application materials?
** Admission to the Master of Social Work program starts from November 1 st to March 1st each year, and only completed applications will be reviewed. Application for the MSW admission may be made electronically through the link below.