Studio Art Courses (27 hours)
- ART 1213 - Drawing I #
- ART 1233 - 2D Design #
- ART 1253 - Color I #
- ART 2003 - Drawing II #
- ART 2333 - 3D Design #
- ART 2413 - Watercolor I #
- ART 3123 - Figure Drawing I #
- ART 3323 - Painting I #
- ART 3563 - Printmaking #
Art History Courses (9 hours)
- ART 3213 - Art History Survey I #
- ART 3223 - Art History Survey II #
- ART 4453 - Contemporary Art History #
Art Education Courses (12 hours)
- ART 2103 - Crafts I #
- ART 3423 - Ceramics I #
- ART 3542 - Elementary Art Education
- ART 4233 - Secondary Art Education
- ART 4801 - Capstone Senior Exhibition
Minimum Grade Requirement in Art and Art Education: Students must earn a grade of C or better in art courses to be used for either major or minor credit. Grades lower than a C in NSU or transfer art courses will not apply for major or minor credit.Professional Education Requirements - 29 hoursIn addition to courses in the discipline, all students completing a BA or BS degree in Education degree must meet the following requirements.
- Be accepted for admission to teacher education, pre-II internship, and full internship according to published course sequence and guidelines.
- Demonstrate proficiency at the high novice level in a language other than English.
- Develop a portfolio which documents their accomplishments, learning, and strengths related to the competencies, standards, and outcomes established by the Oklahoma Commission for Teacher Preparation, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education, and the Oklahoma State Department of Education.
- Complete all courses in the Professional Education Core with a grade of “C” or higher.
- EDUC 3113 - Educational Psychology - Can be taken prior to admission to teacher education.
- EDUC 3313 - Clinical Teaching/Pre-Internship I - Can be taken prior to admission to teacher education. Apply for admission to teacher education during this semester.
- EDUC 4823 - Technology in Education Must be admitted to teacher education.
- SPED 4433 - Introduction to Education of Children with Exceptionalities - Can be taken prior to admission to teacher education.
- EDUC 4353 - Teaching Methods and Practices - Must be admitted to teacher education. This course should be taken the semester immediately before the full internship semester.
- EDUC 4032 - Pre-Internship II - Must be admitted to teacher education. Apply for admission to Pre-II the semester before enrollment. This course should be taken the semester immediately before the full internship semester.
- Intern Teaching Block - 12 hours (Must be taken in final semester)
- EDUC 4064 - Secondary Intern Teaching (Full Internship Program)
- EDUC 4066 - Secondary Intern Teaching (Full Internship Program)
- EDUC 4252 - Seminar# – Liberal Arts & Sciences Courses
Policies of the College of Liberal Arts
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY: English proficiency is a graduation requirement. Components I and II of English proficiency should be met with grades of “C” or better prior to the completion of 60 credit hours.
UPPER DIVISION CREDIT: Total hours must include at least 40 hours of credit in courses number 3000 and above.
LIBERAL ARTS & SCIENCES: At least 80 semester credit hours are required in the Liberal Arts and Sciences.
COMPETENCY IN A LANGUAGE
OTHER THAN ENGLISH: All students must demonstrate proficiency at the high novice level in a language other than English.