Community Music Academy
PRIVATE MUSIC LESSONS
Individual instruction is one of the best ways to make progress in your musical studies.
Private lessons are available for most instruments and voice. Weekly lessons may be
scheduled for 30, 45, or 60 minutes.Beginners, intermediate,and advanced music students
of any age are welcome to sign up for quality music instruction through NSU's Community
Music Academy. Individual, one - on -one music instruction is offered on a weekly
basis on most instruments and for voice. Instructors in the CMA include NSU music
faculty, community music instructors, and NSU music students. Weekly lessons may be
scheduled for 30, 45, or 60 minutes. You will need to provide your own instrument,
except in the case of piano. Percussionists will need to provide their own sticks
and mallets.COVID Changes
- We can always teach via Zoom. It's not ideal, but we can do it.
- Masks should be worn by teachers and students when possible. (ie. flutes, clarinets, trumpets etc. can't be played while wearing a mask.
- Lessons should be held in the largest rooms possible.
- Windows should be opened when possible in rooms.
- Hand sanitizer should be available in every room.
- Keyboards and other shared equipment should be cleaned after every student.
- No parents and siblings etc. ware allowed in the building. Only those taking lessons are allowed in the building.
Please purchase private lessons by the month via our online payment system. Students will have until the first lesson of each month or by the 5th of the Month, (depending on which comes first) to pay for lessons.
New students MUST consult and register with Director of the Community Music Academy, on which type of lesson you want to enroll in so she can determine the best instructor to fit your needs before you purchase any private lessons. CMA Director: Dr. Whitney Myers firstname.lastname@example.org
When students sign up for lessons, our instructors dedicate that lesson time to that
student. We appreciate your commitment to showing up for lessons on time. Please use
your purchased lessons within the same month they were purchased. When you purchase
a month of lessons, you are paying for the opportunity to attend, we are not able
to refund for lessons not attended. Please contact your instructor if you are unable
to attend a lesson.
Click on "Payment" and find the entry for your CMA Teacher by Name.
Click the “Add to Cart” button (shopping cart icon).
Choose the correct month and lesson time, and then fill in the required information (student name, address, phone number, etc.) and then continue to checkout.
Payments are not to be made directly to teachers at any time.
Payment Due Dates are before the first lesson, or by the 5th of the Month, depending on which comes first.
You may pay in full at any time.
Contact us for assistance or questions regarding registration and payment.
Lessons missed with less than 24 hours’ notice will be charged as a regular lesson. The teacher is not obligated to make up for the missed lesson.
If a lesson is missed with more than 24 hours' notice, the teacher will work to schedule a makeup lesson.
Please note that even with advance notice, a teacher may not be able to reschedule frequently due to their other time commitments. For this reason, a teacher is not required to reschedule more than one lesson. Students and families are recommended to ask their teacher if and when a lesson can be rescheduled before planning to reschedule a lesson for a vacation, appointment, etc.
Please note that unfinished lessons do not roll over to future semesters and are not refunded. 24 hours’ notice is necessary to reschedule a lesson without penalty.
If a student is late, the teacher will still need to end the lesson at the original ending time. A teacher will wait 10 minutes for a late arrival before marking the lesson a no-show, which will be charged as a normal lesson.
Any lesson missed by a CMA teacher will be made up. If the teacher must reschedule a lesson, the teacher will notify the student at least 24 hours in advance. The missed lesson may be made up by moving it to a different date or by adding time to one or more future lessons.
Instructors and Tuition
- Undergraduate Instructor is generally a junior or senior music education major with training in music pedagogy. They work under direct supervision of a mentor teacher and with the Director of the Community Music Academy.
- Instructor is a community member or NSU faculty member without a terminal degree
- NSU Faculty Instructor is a current NSU music faculty member with a terminal degree, or a doctorate
- Low Brass
- 30-minute lesson: $60.00 USD monthly
- 45-minute lesson: $88.00 USD monthly
- 60-minute lesson: $112.00 USD monthly
- 30-minute lesson: $80.00 USD monthly
- 45-minute lesson: $112.00 USD monthly
- 60-minute lesson: $144.00 USD monthly
- 30-minute lesson: $100.00 USD monthly
- 45-minute lesson: $140.00 USD monthly
- 60-minute lesson: $180.00 USD monthly
While CMA endeavors to create positive growing experiences by maintaining student/teacher relationships throughout a student’s study in CMA, periodic teacher reassignments may occur due to graduation of CMA teachers. Continuing students receive first priority in re-enrollment and teacher assignments. Please contact the CMA Director, Dr. Whitney Myers, (email@example.com) with any additional questions or concerns.