Introduction to Finance
- Identify and differentiate the three most common types of business organizations and the structure of each
- State the fundamental objectives of a corporation and the differences between wealth and profit maximization
- Recognize the impact of social and ethical responsibility on business
- Identify and describe the structure and functions of the finance department within an organization
- Define the principal-agent relationship and strategies for overcoming conflicts of interest and motivating managers
- List and define the five key principles that form the foundation of financial management
- Recognize and define the five key financial markets
- Identify the sources, rules, and life-cycle stages of corporate financing
- Describe the function of the stock market and the three trading venues it utilizes
- Recognize the factors related to interest rate determination and the impact of interest on an organization
- Expert-supported Mobile-friendly Accessible Badge and credit-awarding Games & Flashcards Video content Real-world case studies Audio-enabled in app
- Refund Policy
- You may request a refund up to 5 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
This course has an "Ask the Expert" feature, which submits your questions directly to an expert in the field you are studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
This course does not require any additional purchases of supplementary materials.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEU credit. Learners will have three attempts at all graded assessments.
Project Management Institute, PMI, the Registered Education Provider logo, Project Management Professional, PMP, Project Management Body of Knowledge, PMBOK, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner, PMI-ACP, PMI Risk Management Professional, PMI-RMP, the PMI Talent Triangle, and the PMI Talent Triangle logo are marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Information in this course has been taken from A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK Guide) Sixth Edition, Project Management Institute Inc., 2017.
The following list outlines the PDUs you will earn for completing this course, based on the certification you have.
PMP /PgMP: Technical: 0 Leadership: .25 Strategic/Business: 2.75 TOTAL: 3
PMI-RMP: Technical: 0 Leadership: .25 Strategic/Business: 2.75 TOTAL: 3
PMI-SP: Technical: 0 Leadership: .25 Strategic/Business: 2.75 TOTAL: 3
PMI-ACP: Technical: 0 Leadership: .25 Strategic/Business: 2.75 TOTAL: 3
PfMP: Technical: 0 Leadership: .25 Strategic/Business: 2.75 TOTAL: 3
PMI-PBA: Technical: 0 Leadership: .25 Strategic/Business: 2.75 TOTAL: 3