HR Skills™: Coaching
In this course you will explore how coaching employees is a vital part of management in any organization. We'll discuss the differences between coaching and mentoring, identify common coaching challenges, review the GROW model, explain the importance of active listening and setting SMART goals, and discuss how to monitor progress and provide feedback.
- Explain why coaching employees is a vital part of managing in any organization
- Differentiate between coaching and mentoring
- Identify signals that coaching is needed
- Summarize the GROW model for coaching
- Explain the SMART technique of goal setting
- Describe active listening and discuss its importance when communicating with employees
- Discuss the monitoring and follow-up coaching process
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
You may request a refund up to 7 days from the purchase date. The registration fee will only be refunded if less than 10% of the course has been completed. Completion percentage can be viewed on the Course Progress page from within the course.
Estimated time to complete: 2 hours
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.