Introduction to Technical Writing
- Explain the key attributes of technical writing and describe how to write for a technical audience
- List the steps in the technical writing process
- Employ effective writing strategies, tools, and templates to convey your meaning accurately and efficiently
- Follow basic design principles, keeping these seven factors in mind: usability; readability; arrangement; color; consistency and contrast; and information display
- Describe the attributes and components of various technical documents e.g., reports, proposals, procedures, indexes, and user guides
- Recognize the importance of revision, including a peer review and any applicable usability test
- Badge and credit-awarding
- Fully accessible
- Games & Flashcards
- Video content
Estimated time to complete: 5 hours
This course includes an “Ask the Expert” feature. You can use this feature to submit questions about course content. A subject matter expert will provide guidance or point you to additional resources for the topics you’re studying. Questions are answered as quickly as possible and usually within 24 hours.
Learners must achieve an average test score of at least 70% to meet the minimum successful completion requirement and qualify to receive IACET CEUs.