NSU | ESL Academy | English Language Fundamentals
English Language Fundamentals: Section 1: no textbooks required
1. English Language Fundamentals: no textbooks requires
This course serves as a survey of the English language. Encompassing all four language skills (speaking, listening, writing, and reading), this course aims to enhance students’ understanding and production of the English language. In addition to authentic skill-centered practice, this course offers attention to grammatical and lexical features of the English language.
Students will be able to:
- Express their ideas fluently in written and oral forms.
- Identify main ideas and key vocabulary in writing and speech.
- Recognize the form and function of grammatical features and apply that knowledge in communicative efforts.
- Apply knowledge of grammar and vocabulary to edit their own texts and speech.
Time: 3 hours/week TBD
Session dates: Choose your session(s) when you check out.
- Session 1: May 2-27
- Session 2: June 20 - July 15
Location: Online (via Zoom)
Cost: $200 per course session
- Students may enroll in more than one course per semester.
REGISTER HERE for a 4 week session.
Instructor: Ms. Sara Swaim, MA
Sara Swaim is an ESL instructor with over seven years of experience instructing multilingual students. Sara was born and raised in Ohio but her drive to experience other cultures and languages has taken her all around the world. After living and working in South America for 5 years, Sara returned to the states to pursue her masters in linguistics. Within the field of linguistics, Sara is particularly interested in second language acquisition, the role of feedback in language learning, and second language writing.
In her free time, Sara enjoys experiencing culture through cuisine. She loves trying new foods and often spends her weekends experimenting with new recipes from around the world. In addition to the culinary arts, Sara enjoys leisure reading, hiking, and exercising with her family. Also, you’re sure to find her looking for any excuse to talk about her dog, Alfredo, who joins her in all her favorite activities.
If you’d like to learn more about our ESL instructor, Sara, feel free to send her an email at email@example.com