Masters Degree In Public Health
The Master of Public Health program is a post-Baccalaureate program with two pathways - Public Health Leadership and Global Health. The program accepts both full and part-time students and provides students with knowledge essential to the practice of public health on a global scale. Students develop a strong foundation in public health by studying biostatistics, environmental health issues, epidemiology, health policy and management, and social and behavioral determinants of health, as well as study in specialization areas so graduates gain the expertise necessary to address some of the world's most pressing problems.
- An earned bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Be formally admitted to Northeastern State University and the Graduate College by submitting an application and official transcripts
- Minimum undergraduate cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.00 on a 4.0 scale. For the Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD), GPA standards are higher
- Completion of all prerequisite courses with a grade of C or better
- Be in good standing with the college or university last or currently attending
- Minimum Graduate Record Examination (GRE) combined score of 298 (Submit official scores which must be less than five years old)
- World Education Services (WES) evaluation for all foreign coursework
- International applicants must submit a TOEFL score of 550 or higher on the paper-based test, 213 on the computer-based test, or 79 on the Internet-based test. Minimum IELTS scores is 6.5.
Retention and Progression Standards:
Students enrolled in the Master of Public Health degree must maintain a 3.0 grade point average or above in all graduate level work. Students must receive a grade of B or above in each course taken within the curriculum. Students earning a grade below a B are placed on probation. Once on probation, the student may proceed to subsequent coursework, but must retake the course with the below par grade. A second course grade below a B results in suspension from the Graduate College and termination from the program.
Degree Available at
Transferring to NSU?
Get an Education Certificate while earning your Master's
- Earn the certificate or stack the certificate courses to earn a master's degree
- Achieve essential skills for growth into a STEM leadership position
- Move into leadership or administrative roles