Undergraduate Degrees

The Department of Health Professions offers the following undergraduate degrees:

Medical Laboratory Science

Medical Laboratory Scientists (MLS) are health care professionals highly trained in the art and technology of clinical laboratory medicine. They are employed in hospitals, clinics, pharmaceutical companies and research. MLS are the detectives of the medical world and perform diagnostic tests to assist the physician in the treatment of patients.

For information check out the Medical Laboratory Science page.


Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, communities, and populations (Nursing's Social Policy Statement, 2010, p. 6). A student must be a Registered Nurse (RN) or recent graduate of a RN program.

For information check out the RN to BSN Nursing .

Nutritional Sciences

Nutritional Sciences is the study of the effects of food components on the metabolism, health, performance, and disease resistance of human and animals. It also includes the study of human behaviors related to food choices. Nutritional Sciences offers a Bachelors of Science degree with two options; Dietetics option and Allied Health option.

For more information check out the Nutritional Sciences .

Speech-Language Pathology

Speech-language pathology is the study of disorders that affect a person's speech, language, cognition, voice, and swallowing, and the treatment of these disorders and diseases. Graduates who complete the Master of Science degree will have the academic and clinical practicum experience necessary to meet requirements for the Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, the license in speech-language pathology from Oklahoma State Board of Examiners for Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and the Oklahoma State Department of Education Standard Certificate in Speech-Language Pathology.

For information check out the Speech-Language Pathology.

A student participating in a lab