Nursing Program Required Curriculum
Lower Division Nursing - 30 hours+
Upper Division Nursing - 30 hours+
The Nursing Program does not offer a minor in Nursing for individuals majoring in areas other than Nursing.
|Nursing 3003||Professional Nursing Role *||3|
|Nursing 3053||Health Assessment *||3|
|Nursing 3102||Cultural Competency in Nursing||2|
|Nursing 3204||Family Health Nursing||4|
|Nursing 4003||Current Trends & Issues in Nursing||3|
|Nursing 4102||Fundamentals of Nursing Research||2|
|Nursing 4115||Community Health Nursing**||5|
|Nursing 4214||Nursing Leadership & Management||4|
|Nursing 4294||Professional Nursing Synthesis**||4|
|Nursing 4240||Selected Studies ***||1-2|
* May be taken by any registered nurse.
** One credit hour lecture or instructor directed learning activities = 50 minutes & One credit hour field experience = 4 clock hours.
***May be taken as elective credit.
All candidates for a degree must:
- Complete English Composition I and II with a grade of "C" or better.
- Meet computer proficiency by graduation.
Total hours must include:
- At least 40 hours of credit in courses numbered 3000 and 4000.
- At least 40 hours are required in the Liberal Arts & Sciences.
- Thirty (30) hours advanced standing credit will be awarded after successfully completing 12 hours of the nursing major with a grade of "C" or better.